Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall Decor


I finished decorating for Fall today…Ha…I’m not sure if I finished but lets just say I finished for today.
I did a couple of crafty things that were so easy.
My first project was an autumn platter. I found a green platter at a garage sale on Saturday for $1.00. I kept picking it up and putting it down. I just wasn’t sure what I would do with it but decided to bring it home anyway. When I got home I remembered that I had picked up some letters at Hobby Lobby with the intentions of doing something with them but what, I did not know. Anyway I threw them on the platter thus, an autumn platter was born. Love it!


My other project was an autumn banner! Lots of fun! I’m already working on another. Banners seem to be the craze right now in vintage decorating. I love words, so anything with words on it attracts my attention.



A friend picked me up this week to take me on a belated birthday outing. She paid me a great compliment, she said, “Your porch is so inviting it makes me want to come and visit.” I have always wanted my porch to lure people… well meaning people of course. Have you ever passed someone’s home and just wanted to know who lived there because of the warmth of the porch? I have, and sometimes I have to stop myself from walking right up to the door and saying hello. I want the first thing my guests see when they approach my home to be a message of warmth and welcome. I have even thought about my mail carrier and how boring his or her job must be. Why not leave something of interest to add a bit of joy to their day?
Remember the chalk, and dry erase board I got for “The Jewel”, at the garage sale, the day of B’s wedding? Well I found use for it, until she gets old enough to use it. I decided to leave quotes on it on my porch. I figure I will change it’s décor with the seasons.

Well I know your lives are busy, mainly because I’m not hearing from many of you. If you have time let me know you’re out there. I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

We are getting a taste of fall here with some cooler weather. Your autumn decor is so cute!