Thursday, September 24, 2009

Projects

Thought I would share a few projects the Hubby and I did over the past few months. If you would like any details just email me for them.

Hubby found the little picnic table at a garage sale for $l.00 and the screen was left behind by the previous owners of our home. When I decided to have a beach theme in the back yard everything took on a layer of paint. My inspiration was a beach ball that had the colors, red, aqua blue, and yellow. My yard project isn't completely finished but here is a sneak preview.


This project was an old dresser that I found for $5.00. I had it for years and finally got around to sprucing it up. It now serves as an island in my freshly painted kitchen. I really enjoy the chalk board on each side for leaving messages and for the drawings of my little guest.



Speaking of fresh paint. When we moved into this house a year ago we had to paint and move in rather quickly, so my Hubby painted the kitchen gold because I didn't have time to decide what color I really wanted. After living here several months I went back to the red that I have loved for many years.

Here is a before with the gold walls and after with red walls.



We also decided to resurface the kitchen cabinets but didn't want to invest too much money at this time. I found a roll of paintable wallpaper that looks like beaded board at Lowes for $6.00 and resurfaced all the cabinets with it. I really like it a lot and so far it seems to be holding up well. I can't wait to find another project for the remainder of the roll.
Before

After


One last thing! This was an old trunk that Hubby picked up for me one Saturday morning when he went without me to shop garage sales. I have wanted to do something with it for a long time but never did.

Now that I have a grand-child I decided to turn it into a trunk for books. I love it when the " Little Jewel" comes over to play and goes straight to it. She already knows what it's for. I used the same red paint from the kitchen redo. I also covered parts of it with fabric I picked up at Wal-mart on clearance.

I wonder if anyone can guess what my favorite color is now that you have witnessed my most recent projects?
Leave me a comment before next Friday telling of your most recent project and the one I like the best will receive a nice little surprise "Happy" in their mailbox!

1 comment:

Sheri Hunt said...

I just decoupaged my guest bathroom walls with torn pieces of brown kraft paper. It looks kind of like leather on the walls. Really cool. Next, I am going to use the same technique with polyurethane to refinish an small bathroom floor upstairs that has horrible linoleum flooring. Yippee Skippee!!!

From: Sheri Hunt
Corpus Christi, Texas