Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Wedding Day Afternoon

After leaving the Hotel the day of the wedding my friend Joanie went with me to get my hair done. It only took about twenty minutes so that gave me a bit of a breather. As we were traveling home we passed by a garage sale and needless to say we had to stop. Joanie took a picture of me because she couldn’t believe I was using my extra ten minutes at a garage sale. Yes, I bought something, or I should say Joanie bought me something. I found an easel for The Little Jewel that has a wipe off board on one side and a chalk board on the other. Joanie bought B a piece of crystal for 75 cents as memorabilia that her mom went to a garage sale on her wedding day.

You can see the little easel sitting down beside me.
We then headed back to my house to pick up B’s wedding dress and head to the church to get her dressed.
The florist arrived at 1: pm to drop off the flowers which were absolutely beautiful! I hope to show you pictures later when we get them from the photographer. I regret not taking my own but I was just too busy. Our friend Heather came at 1:30 to drop off food she had prepared for us, since none of us had time for lunch (thank you, Heather, that was so sweet of you). The bride and bridesmaids had all gotten their hair done together at a salon in town so after they finished we all gathered in the brides room to get dressed and ready for pictures. It was such a special time. B was so calm and beautiful. B and JR chose not to see each other until the moment she walked down the isle, so, no couple pictures before the wedding. Everything went as perfectly as it could have. At 4:PM the wedding began…

No comments: