Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Wedding Jambalaya




Now before I tell you about the wedding I must tell of something else that was going on the day of the wedding. T’s brother, Mike and sister-in-law, Suzanne, came to town on Thursday to help us out. On the day of the wedding they cooked a huge pot of jambalaya. It was amazing! It was quite a bit of work and I’m sure they were worn out by the time they got home on Sunday. Here are a few pics of this major event going on behind the scenes. I don’t know much about what went on because I wasn’t there but I do know that they cooked over thirty pounds of rice and we had to get two extra men to haul the big pot to the Hotel. It literally took all day just to cook it, not including all the time they spent preparing the meat and seasoning. All I can say is “What a great brother to haul that big ole pot seven hundred miles just to cook for his niece’s wedding.” Amazing!!!! Thank you Mike and Suzanne for making us feel so loved!


No comments: