Monday, September 28, 2009

A Random Act

As many of you no I am an avid reader. After spending the last five months planning a wedding I decided it was time to pick up the books again. I went to the library this week and picked up four books. I typically will have about five books going at a time. Lately since I have been reading blogs I don't have the time I use to have to read. I will say that I am a fast reader and I can jump from one topic to another quite easily. I rarely pick up a book and read it all the way through without putting it aside to read another, promising myself, of course, to finish it later. The book I just read was an exceptions.It was titled "A Random Act" by Cindi Broaddus with Kimberly Lohman Suiters.

If you think your life is bad and you feel like a victim this is a must read for you. It was so encouraging and amazing to read about this woman's fight for life. It was equally encouraging to witness her path of forgiveness. I also really appreciated the fact that I was able to read it in one day. I started on my way to church on Sunday morning and finished it in the late afternoon. No, I didn't read through the sermon but I did pick it up after church and read all the way home. I even took a nap in between chapters. Needless to say it's a really quick read that's hard to put down. If you find yourself needing a bit of inspiration this book could do it for you.

Why not find a comfy spot grab a good book and have a great day? Send me a comment and tell me about one of your good reads, I love hearing form you.

No comments: