Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wedding Week

This past weekend we celebrated the marriage of our third born daughter to a very amazing young man that we are honored to call son. After months of preparations we are able to say that B’s dream came true and she had the wedding of her dreams. I am overjoyed at how everything came together and turned out so beautiful. God has so blessed us with some of the most wonderful friends and family members that did so much to make everything come together. There is no way that we could have pulled it off without their help. In my next few post I will share more of the details of the big event but I would like to begin with the week before. Because I did so much ahead of time I was able to spend most of the week enjoying my time with B. We spent the first part of the week stocking up on groceries for our family and friends as well as finishing up some last minute details. By Wed. B and I were able to go out to lunch to share some sweet time of fellowship and also take in a movie. In the afternoon we headed out to the log cabin that our family would be staying in, cleaned and put fresh sheets on the beds. Thursday morning I was able to head off for a pedicure and manicure along with a little last minute shopping. Family and friends began arriving Thursday afternoon kicking off the celebration. We had a house full by the evening meal, twenty one people in all. Some wonderful friends of ours prepared the meal to relieve me so that I could enjoy my guest. It was wonderful! We had chicken, beef, and sausage fajitas. They also went above and beyond by preparing three different flavors of homemade ice cream, served everything and cleaned up afterward. I was so blessed by the generosity of these sweet friends. They anticipated our needs and met them before we even knew what we needed. They also brought us the biggest sweetest watermelon I had ever eaten. As the day came to a close I was again overwhelmed by the love of God shown to me through His people.


No comments: