Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wedding Countdown Project

Just thought I would share a couple projects I am working on this week. I had a silver tray that was damaged and I couldn't really use it unless I covered it with a doily. I was inspired by Shanon over at http://thedavisfamilynwa.blogspot.com to use blackboard paint and turn my tray into a message board. With a wedding approaching quickly, I thought it would make a great wedding countdown.

This is what the tray looked like before the paint

This is after the blackboard paint
I love blackboard paint! For those of you with little ones it is so great for them to have a place to write and draw. For those with older children it can be used to leave messages for one another. I will be using it on another project. I got this old dresser at a garage sale a couple years ago and haven't done anything with it. I decided to use it as a kitchen island. It isn't finished but maybe you can guess how I will use blackboard paint on it.

No comments: