Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sacred Influence

Thank all of you who have signed my guest book. It’s so fun to get to see your beautiful faces! Let me share a little bit about the book “Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas.” The subtitle is “How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands” which was revised in a more recent printing to “What a Man Needs From His Wife To Be The Husband She Wants.”
Here is an excerpt from Gary’s introduction:

I believe God has heard your prayers, and I know he sees your pain. I further believe that, since he designed marriage, you should look first to him about how you can best encourage inspire, challenge, and appropriately influence the man you married. God wants you to feel loved, to be noticed, and to be cherished. He didn’t create you and cast you adrift on a sea of happenstance, catching the tear you might be shedding this very moment at the thought of a God so involved in your life that he put your thoughts on paper for you to read.
But be forewarned! Your husband isn’t the only imperfect person in your relationship. You also contribute sin every day. We are all sinners, and you can be sure that God desires to work on your own heart every bit as much as he desires to have greater influence in your husband’s life. In keeping with this perspective, this book will present some serious challenges for you to be moved as well – closer to God and closer to your husband.

I recently completed a seventeen week study of this book with seven young women and I believe all of our lives were impacted in some way by the Biblical Truth Gary Thomas brought to us.

I know all of you can’t win a copy so if you don’t win the drawing, be sure to get the book and read it anyway. You will be challenged. I will share more about how the book challenged me personally very soon at Grace-Works (elainerusso.blogspot.com). Don’t forget to sign my guest book so I can enter your name in the drawing on June 22!

Making Memories, Maime


Here are a few pictures from the Bar-B-Q we had with our families at the end of our book study!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, what am I doing in that picture?! Jess thought it was hilarious!