Saturday, June 6, 2009

Experiences

I had two first time experiences today:
My first was a Mountain Dew. Yes, that's right, I don't remember ever drinking an entire Mountain Dew before (I don't really care for the taste) and boy, have I missed out! I realize now why some people sip on them constantly. I felt like someone hooked me up to an electrical outlet and I just couldn't find the off switch! That's why I'm still up this evening. I had more energy today than the energizer bunny! It was great because I got quite a bit done but honestly I don't think me or my family could handle this energy level on a regular basis. If I ever decide to drink one of those energy drinks that I see people downing all the time, I bet I would just fly right on up to Jesus!

My second new experience was the sweetest, tightest hug from Julia when she awoke from her nap. Today was the first time that I really knew that I was special to her. The timing was perfect. When Tim and I kept her for Benj and Mary's date night this week, she cried when Tim left the room. I thought it was a coincidence so I made him leave again and she cried again until he came back. Well, she hasn't ever cried when I left the room. Anyway, I was feeling a bit of competition. The whole "she loves me best" kind of stuff. Well, needless to say, Julia has enough love for all of us. Yesterday, I was at her house when she awoke from her nap and when I went in the room and picked her up out of her crib, she gave me the biggest smile that said "I love you Maime" and the longest tightest hug that said " I'm so glad you are here". Now that was a first for me and boy did it make my day! And don't you think for one minute that I imagined it because I was under the influence of Mountain Dew.
Making Memories,
Maime


Don't you just want to kiss those chubby cheeks?

1 comment:

The Prayer Jar said...

Hi there...love the story above...mountain dew! Us e to drink it but gave it up years ago! lol
Carol T.