Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lawn Mower Cupcakes

I’m sure all of you have already thought up a wonderful treat for your Fathers this Fathers day but just in case you haven’t, I thought I would share a cute idea from Family Fun Magazine’s June/July issue. Mary, Julia and I spent an evening making these sweet lawn mower cupcakes. We had a great time! They tasted wonderful and are simple to make.

For each, mix a handful of flaked coconut with a few drops of green food coloring. Press a chocolate-frosted cupcake into the coconut to cover. The mower is made with a dark chocolate Hershey’s Nuggets body, brown M&M’s wheels, and a red M&M’s engine, held in place with dabs of frosting. Shape the handle from a piece of black licorice lace, then insert the ends into the cupcake.

Julia really enjoyed the licorice

Things started getting a bit messy

Time to put the bib on

We had a great time but...

All good things must come to an end. Julia definitely knows what all done means.
Making Memories, Maime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe Julia's eating licorice! Too funny. I love the last pic...so sad.