Monday, March 23, 2009

Saturday Morning Fun!

Not all but most Saturday mornings, my husband and I wake up early; throw on some clothes; drive to our local conveniences store; get a cup of coffee and a biscuit; put on the “real oldies” station; then hit the streets of our city headed for garage sales. By this time we have typically already added the addresses to our GPS which makes it way easy! As we cruise the streets we sing what few words we remember to some of our favorite oldies. Some call this endeavor “Junking” or “Thrifting” we just call it “Fun!” For most of our married life we have been able to get many of the things we have needed second hand, especially if we were willing to wait for it. I have always decorated my home with the cast offs (or as I like to call them, timeless treasures) of others. It is energizing to me to be able to find something that no one else wants, take it home, clean it up and make something useful out of it. It can really do wonders for me, particularly if I got it for a real bargain! You would be surprised at how excited I can get about an old window, gate, or door! Anyway, when I set out this weekend I had a few particular things in mind. I was looking for some old things to decorate a newly planted courtyard area in my backyard. We ran into a sale where the lady who lived there had my same taste in decorating. She was casting off some old things in order to bring in some new ones. You know how we ladies like to change things up? Well, I got quite a few deals from her! Not sure if this sounds appealing to any of you but I am a big fan and hopefully, after I show you some of my treasures, you might reconsider how you spend your Saturday mornings.

1 comment:

Mom of Three Elkins' said...

Oh I am so excited! I need all the help i can get and also to get it a bargain! Yeah! I will be reading often!

Hope to see you soon.