Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rescued Bird

My daughter Rachel went to a Women’s retreat over the weekend. One of her friends won a mosaic bird as a door prize! Rachel said they all thought it was ugly so she decided to rescue it from its certain death, by chiming in that “her mom would love it.” That girl knows her mama! When she arrived home with a happy (what we call little unexpected gifts) for me, I was elated! As I pulled the bird out of the gift bag, I went on and on about how cute it was and how thoughtful it was for her to think of me in this way! Overcome with guilt for all the accolades, she fesses up and tells me all about the bird rescue. It really didn’t matter to me that she hadn’t shopped and picked out the bird especially for me. I thought it took more out of her to admit to her friend that her mom would absolutely love something she was willing to discard. Besides, the little critter is helping out with my spring décor! Thanks to who ever gave the gift as a door prize, gave up the gift so I could have it and to Rachel for thinking about her mama!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm with you on the bird. Very cute.
Melanie@Bella~Mella