Monday, March 30, 2009

Fuzzy Multicolored Plants

I don’t know if any of your mothers taught you what mine taught me so in case you don’t know this yet I will share. Did you know that you can grow multicolored fuzzy plants in the refrigerator? All you have to do is leave your leftovers in the frig for a long time, with the lid on them and voila, there you have it! The only problem is that these particular plants don’t smell very good! I have even heard that you might be able to make penicillin out of them. Surely there is a way to market this! Sorry, Mom hope I didn’t share a secret. All jokes aside, my refrigerator has never been as messy as it was this week. I typically have a bit of confidence when it comes to being an organized homemaker but my confidence was shattered over the past few weeks as busyness propelled my home into disarray. I would say apart from the pile of laundry that I am currently working at, my refrigerator was the biggest mess. Every day that went by I would say to myself “I must get the refrigerator cleaned out” but it just didn’t happen! Finally, this Saturday, after spending the morning writing articles for Grace-Works, I decided it was time to let the decontamination begin! With trash can at hand and clothes pin on my nose, I commenced to cleaning the refrigerator! Below you will find a before and after picture. Don’t you judge me; you know yours has been this bad at least once in your lifetime! I spent the entire afternoon in my kitchen and by the time I was finished all I wanted to do was take a shower! Spring cleaning has officially begun at Maime’s! I hope you are inspired to get in that kitchen and throw away those stinky, fuzzy multicolored plants! Making memories, Maime

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have never seen my referigator looking like this. Even when the food was bad it was well organized. Mom

Gwynie Pie said...

Love the above "anonymous" comment ---- :) I hadn't been to this blog in a few days...been busy, ya know. But love it! Also love both your new backgrounds. Of course, I need help to change mine.

Your computer-illiterate friend, g