Monday, July 12, 2010

Simply Scrumptious


Let me tell you the story of Charleen McCain, from Simply Scrumptious Tea Room & Emporium in Eureka Springs, AR. She always had the dream to open her own tea room and gift shop by the time she was 30. When she turned 50 this year, a series of events made her realize it was time for her dream to come true. With the support of her encouraging friends and her airline pilot husband, she has embarked on a journey that, at the time I met her, had only just begun. 

Simply Scrumptious Tea Rome is absolutely adorable. It is located at 185A East Van Buren and you couldn’t miss it if you tried because the character of the building just grabs you and pulls you in.

When my Italian Man and I walked in the door, Charleen’s welcoming smile said “I am so glad you are here”.
The tea room was tastefully decorated with memorabilia from the past and present. 

After finally deciding from the array of choices on the menu, the Italian Man and I both settled on the Quiche Sampler. It is the quiche of the day paired with a soup and salad. The Italian Man chose the soup of the day—loaded baked potato.

I chose the fresh strawberry soup, served cold. All of it was pure delight to the pallet! 

Our salads were a spring mix, tossed with cucumber, carrots, onion and tomatoes, topped with balsamic vinaigrette for T and Raspberry vinaigrette for me. I loved the way Charleen chose to serve the soup in a tea cup and the dressing in a punch cup…so clever!
Just when we thought we had died and gone to heaven, the waitress came out with a tray of the most delectable deserts on the planet! 

We chose the key lime cheese cake and because we were so full we decided to share it.

As usual the Italian Man’s piece was a little bigger than mine. 
Let me not forget to add that I did have a couple of servings of hot tea…English Afternoon Tea if I remember right.
After our meal, Charleen sat and visited with us for a while and shared her story. I was so inspired and encouraged by the journey she has been on. It is refreshing to hear how her dreams are coming true.
The visit would not have been complete without browsing through the gift shop with all of its unique items.





I admit that I picked up a few “Happies” to always remind me of the wonderful visit with Charleen in her lovely tea room!
Thank you again Charleen for your warm hospitality!
Making Memories,  

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Charleen's Tea Room looks absolutely lovely! The food looks sooo good too! If we're ever that way, we'll definately stop in to Charleen's Tea Room! Loved seeing all the eye candy in her gift shope too! Thanks so much for sharing your visit!

Blessings,
~Lynn