Monday, July 26, 2010

Knocking On Doors

Have you ever driven by a house and thought,  I would love to meet the person who lives there? Well there’s a house in my daughter’s neighborhood that I kept passing and thinking, I would love to meet that person.
So recently while my sister and I were visiting my daughter I mentioned that I would love to meet her neighbor. She jumped on the idea and before I knew it she was at her neighbor’s door asking if she could bring us over for a visit. Hence…I met Leta! What an absolute treat it was to meet someone with so much talent! Leta decorates her home with a cottage style that is quite eclectic to say the least. Her unique and tasteful style was absolutely refreshing!  She is a true artist and uses paint to transform just about anything. Leta sells her work in several shops in west Texas, one being Conch Confetti Antique Mall in San Angelo,TX
(I will tell you more about it later).
You can read more about Leta as well as learn how you can purchase some of the wonderful items she transforms here.  
Here are some pictures of her booth " The Violet Rose" 












What a hospitable lady to be willing to let complete strangers into her home at such short notice! It was so hospitable and kind of her.  

 In return, I decided to show my appreciation by inviting Leta into my home. 


We visited while enjoying hot tea, 

tomato basil, onion, and garlic quiche, 
spinach, strawberry, and walnut salad with raspberry walnut dressing,

and raspberry filled cookies. 

We shared our stories and decided we would get together again soon.

You may never know whose path you may cross, and how you might be inspired by knocking on a door.  
Making Memories,   

1 comment:

Mary Magdalene Donovan said...

Everything looked beautiful! I wish I would have been there. I did enjoy the leftovers and my happy, though. Thanks1