Monday, August 17, 2009

Let The Festivities Begin!

Let the wedding festivities begin! Though we have had a wonderful time planning B and JR’s wedding nothing compares to the fun we are embarking on as I write. We have spent the past six months dreaming, creating, investigating, spending, and just making wonderful memories. I so enjoy planning events! B has had everything she wanted for her wedding in her mind for a very long time and I have had the privilege and joy of helping her dream come true. In the next few weeks many fun events will unfold and I will do my best to keep you all posted without giving away any secrets. We have already had some interesting things occur that will make for some sweet remembering for years to come.
I have had the opportunity to help many brides plan and carry out their special day, but I must say that none of those event’s compare to helping my own daughter, especially when it comes to the budget planning. Everything takes on a different perspective when you are spending your own money. Thankfully I am blessed with four frugal daughters!

Recently while having a family discussion about weddings, one of my daughters shared about a friend who helped plan a wedding with a $250,000.00 budget. After asking for clarification on the amount, my husband looked at me and said “I guess that means we are having a “garage sale” wedding!” I took his response as a compliment because I know that he has always been affirming of my tendency to frugality. Garage Sale wedding or not, it will be wonderful because this bride and groom have decided to make the emphasis of this covenant making ceremony Christ and His love for His bride, the Church. Nothing is more important to them than honoring their Lord with their lives. All that said, they both have been given a grand dose of creativity and this wedding will be unique because of it. So please stay tuned and we will share our memories with you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still can't believe that that is my little brother who I use to sing to, and rock, and dress up like a girl. But, he is also a man i have cried with, laughed with, prayed with and praised the Lord with!

Ok, well my moment just ended as Tristan looked on at what I was posting and said, "wow, you could have been doing that to me."
Oh my....then he says..."can you imagine doing all that to your husband"?
To which I respond..."yes, if your 90 and I'm 95!" =)