Monday, August 24, 2009

B's First Bridal Shower

B had her first bridal shower and it was amazing! Six of my special friends and their daughters hosted the shower and they did an amazing job! All they asked B and I to do was make a guest list. We kept it to about 60 invites and had about 45 attend. From the moment we walked into the room we both felt honored and blessed. We were greeted at the registry table that was decorated with framed baby pictures of both JR and B. The guest tables were set with four place settings at each one. The tablescapes were all different. Each hostess brought her china from home and decorated the tables with fresh flowers to compliment their dishes. They were all gorgeous and done so creatively. Having only four to a table made conversation flow freely. As we were all seated the daughters of the hostesses (all girls who had been in Bible study B had for them in our home) began serving the food. Oh, the food! A woman by the name of Melissa James and her sister Angela prepared it all. The meal began with a crisp tossed salad and dressing followed by chicken served with a mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a dinner roll. It was amazing! I was so impressed not only by the wonderful flavor but also the fact that these women would do so much work to make this occasion so special for me and my daughter. I cried through most of the meal. Let me not forget the dessert! We were served a puffed pastry with strawberries on top that was quite refreshing. I’m sure the dessert had an official name but I never got what it was. As the hostesses served us coffee the soon-ly-wed game began. B and JR were asked questions about each other and had to try to answer the way they thought the other would. It was hilarious! I cried more from laughing so hard. After the game, B proceeded to unwrap all the wonderful gifts that everyone had brought. More tears flowed from my eyes as I watched my daughter and her fiance savor each gift as though it was the first one they had ever received. They stopped and read every card and thanked each person that was present. It was a wonderful afternoon that was filled with the love of friends that feel like family. The afternoon came to an end as Bethany and JR called the hostesses to the front and presented them with a special thank you gift that she so thoughtfully put together ( I will share more later about the thank you gift) Words could never express the warmth I feel in my heart over the love that was shown to my daughter by the women I call friends and their lovely daughters.
Just a few pics!



I am also blessed to have such a sweet daughter who genuinely appreciates what others do for her. My life has been touched deeply by the kindness many wonderful people have shown through their gifts. Tears continue to flow even as I write, and I pray that I would never take for granted these wonderful acts of kindness.
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: