Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year



 I am so blessed with this amazing family! Life is precious and short, and with the passing of each year I am reminded that my purpose is not to live my dreams but to live for God’s glory. What an ambitious pursuit! Imagine the God of the universe receiving anything, much less glory, from the clay of the earth. Now that will put me in my place.
It will make one year this month since I started blogging publicly! It’s hard to believe how fast the time has gone by.
A few things I love about blogging:
  • Your sweet comments and email. Please keep them coming!
  • The opportunity and inspiration to put my thoughts to words.
  • That I am writing and how therapeutic it is. 
  • The feeling of freedom and transparency that comes with making my life an open book.
  • The fact that whether or not anyone reads, it is written. 
  • I have broadened my mind.
  • I have met some gifted and amazing people from across the country
  • I am getting to watch my nieces, nephews and their children live and grow. 
  • Keeping in touch with those who have moved away (when and if they would blog already!)
  •  The inspiration I have gotten from other godly women. 
I could go on and on… Most of all I love that I have seen fruit in my life because I stepped out and did something I felt I was suppose to do, even though I was resistant. I was resistant because it was safer not to do it. Because I moved out of the comfort of my seemingly safe and private world … and I mean comfort…I have gained so many wonderful rewards. Though it was difficult in the beginning I am thankful I started this blog.
Here I am launching a new year with an excitement about what this land of blog has for me! You will see some changes. In case you haven’t noticed I sometimes lose my focus. So…I am trying to get back to my original intentions for this blog and those are, to share more about hospitality, decorating, and all things pertaining to home life. Though I am sure you will be hearing a bit about my faith and family here, I will be addressing those areas of my life over at Grace-Works. I will also use this blog to keep you updated about the wonderful products and opportunities I have to offer through Celebrating Home.
I invite you to FOLLOW as I step forward into whatever it is that awaits me!


Speaking of FOLLOWING, if you sign up to be a follower of this blog this month, your name will be put in a drawing for this amazing gift!



This is a "Veranda Dip Bowl and Seasonal Spreader Set" It offers a different spreader for each season of the year. I will be announcing the winner after the drawing February 1, 2010

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

Happy New Year! That is a great family picture.