Thursday, May 7, 2009

Flower Pot Centerpiece

Thought I would share a little craft I did for a couple of events recently. There are many modifications you can make to this as far as color, height, and flowers go.
Supplies Needed:
Six inch terracotta pot
Eight to nine inch dowel
Small cat food or tuna can
Square foam
Your choice of greenery and silk flowers
Hurricane globe
Your choice of votive or tea candle
Your color choice of spray paint
One screw


Spray paint the tuna can, dowel, and flower pot the color of your choice and let dry thoroughly. Then insert the foam into the pot. Connect the tuna can to the dowel with a screw and press the dowel into the foam.




Add greenery and flowers of your choice.



Put a votive or tea light inside the tuna can. Add a hurricane globe and voila, you have a nifty centerpiece.



I have used these for many years for many different occasions, and they have been many different colors. It’s almost time for me to throw them out and start over with new ones.

Make a Memory, Maime

1 comment:

Gwynie Pie said...

I love this idea. Can't wait to make a couple for my mantle.