Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Julia's First Tea Set

My granddaughter Julia has finally reached the age where she can start having tea parties with her Maime! Well, maybe we are pushing it just a bit. Nevertheless we have started. I recently found Julia’s first very own tea set! It’s so cute! The tea pot sings little songs about sharing and manners. It has a learning section where it teaches counting and other concepts. It even makes a pouring sound when you tip it over. Julia thinks it is wonderful! She especially likes to drink tea out of the little cups, until of course she finds out that its imaginary tea. We then have a lesson on self control and patience! Along with her first tea set, Pops picked up a tea table at a garage sale and painted it red to match her Maime’s kitchen. I think Pops knows just how special tea time is to me as well as all the wonderful people I get to share it with. I want to teach Julia that taking tea is about more than tea itself (for her it will be taking juice until she is older). Taking Tea is only a ceremony that presents an opportunity to share our lives with others. I want her to know that by making time to spend special moments together, we are placing value on each other. My life has been greatly enriched by sharing tea time with many special people, both young and old. I look forward to many tea parties with sweet little Julia and the many other people who bring so much joy to my life.

Making Memories,Maime